Thursday, December 3, 2009

Cuse Closet: Working girl grunge

Cuse Closet peeks inside the staff's wardrobes to find out where we're going and how good we look getting there. 

Today's closet: Allison Mariotti

Compared to our first snow on Tuesday, yesterday’s weather was unseasonably warm. So, I decided to take advantage of the weather and wear my new skirt that I got at Urban Outfitters in Chicago over Thanksgiving break.  

Photo: Kaytie Wilson

The ruffles on the skirt are a big trend right now, so I paired it with a classic white button-up. To make the outfit more casual, I added my beaded graphic tee. 

For warmth, I wore my cozy textured black tights. Textured tights are also big for winter, and they come in a variety of patterns. Over the break, I rummaged through my mom’s old jewelry and found some great items. One of my favorites was this braided chain necklace. It has a weathered look, which gives it an edgy, gritty vibe. 

Finally, I added my military-inspired black combat boots and cinched the look at the waist with a brown woven belt. This outfit combines the working girl look with a military-grunge vibe.
 
T-shirt: American Eagle
Shirt: Forever 21
Necklace: Vintage
Belt: Urban Outfitters
Tights: Free People

- by Allison Mariotti

No comments: