Monday, November 1, 2010

Cuse Closet: Fashionably Casual with Height

Cuse Closet peeks inside the staff's wardrobes to find out where we're going and how good we look getting there.

Wednesday was a beautiful day in Syracuse complete with warm sunshine and an ideal temperature. Since I knew I would be seeing “The September Issue” that night (a documentary about Vogue’s September issue), I was in a fashion mindset. I don’t know about you, but whenever I watch anything about fashion, like “The Devil Wears Prada” for example, I feel the need to look extra put-together, and to go shopping. Unfortunately, that wasn’t an option due to classes. That’s why I opted to wear my black ankle high boots, and from there my outfit seemed to fall into place. I remembered I had a new sweater given to me as a gift that happened to have short sleeves (perfect for the weather) and a bold cowl neck. Since the sweater had an uneven bottom, I decided to wear jeans with decorative pockets because the sweater wasn’t long enough to cover them up. These jeans happened to be one of my favorite pairs of jeans and were long enough to wear with my heeled boots. I decided to wear a simple heart necklace to add a touch of sparkle to my bare neck and a silver bracelet to complete the look. I felt confident and ready for the day I was about to begin.

Boots: Kelly and Katie

Jeans: Miss Me Jeans

Sweater: MM Couture

Bracelet: Brighton


-Brittany Fowler

No comments: