Saturday, November 27, 2010

Cuse Closet: Getting Better all the Time!

Cuse Closet peeks inside the staff's wardrobes to find out where we're going and how good we look getting there.

Last Thursday I got sick. It wasn’t too surprising, after working through too many long nights and watching everyone around me fall victim to the sinus plague, but this year I wanted to be prepared. As soon as I felt that tell-tale tickle in the back of my throat, I headed to CVS to restock my supply of cold season staples- Tylenol Day Time, Mucinex, and Halls cough drops. After popping all these cold medicines, I felt like a zombie (or perhaps a meth-head) and I don’t think they really aided in my recovery. What did help, though, was rest and the best cure of all—fashion.


When I'm feeling rundown, sick, or slogging my way through day two of an all-nighter, one of the things that always makes me feel better (along with drinking as many cups of vanilla roast as possible) is to take a few extra minutes getting ready in the morning and picking out something I really love. Usually during these groggy moments I reach for the most classic clothing in my closet however I never want to feel as done as a post-makeover contestant on TLC’s What Not to Wear (pre-makeover contestant goes without saying). I try to strike the balance between power dressing and personal dressing by combining my staples with patterned and colored pieces as much as possible, to give me a little more moxie. While layering my most tasteful trench and a wool sweater dress over a floral frock from last season, I was well on the path to a speedy recovery.


Black Trench Coat- Michael Kors

Black Wool Sweater Dress- Madewell

Black shoulder bag - Vintage Coach (found at Value Village for $15)

Charm Necklace - Handmade

Brown Corset Belt- Madewell

Floral Strapless Dress worn underneath - American Eagle

Tights- Hue

Black Patent Pumps - Steve Madden


-Emily Montgomery

No comments: