Monday, November 8, 2010

Cuse Closet: “What I wore” Halloween Edition

Cuse Closet peeks inside the staff's wardrobes to find out where we're going and how good we look getting there.


I cannot lie. I’ve always found the thought of blowing big bucks on a Halloween costume, well, scary. It’s not that I dislike the holiday, quite the contrary. This past month, I’ve baked more pumpkin based desserts than I’d like to admit, (though I had to draw the line at Pumpkin Brownies, sorry Martha!) and I take getting dressed up as seriously as a sport.

The finger wagging practical side of me however, cannot fathom buying anything that can only be worn once. As a result most of my costumes are cobbled together with clothes from my closet and stolen borrowed from friends. The vintage black wiggle dress I wore this year, made a previous appearance three Halloweens ago when I dressed up as a flapper. However this time I brought my costume forward 30s years into the future.

The original plan was to go as a girl from an Alfred Hitchcock movie but after several mishaps with the straightening iron and curling tongs my look was decidedly more worthy of B-Movie Horror Film status or I guess I could say I was Mariah Carey, as one friend suggested, either way, equally as hair-raising.


Dress- Vintage 1950s black wiggle dress bought at Xtabay Vintage Boutique Portland OR

Red Belt- Stolen off of another dress

Black bow heels- ‘Me too’ brand bought at DSW


-Emily Montgomery

No comments: