Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cuse Closet: Boyish Charm


Cuse Closet
peeks inside the staff's wardrobes to find out where we're going and how good we look getting there.

When I woke up and saw a blanket of snow covering every inch of the ground, my motivation to get out of bed dropped. I instantly knew I needed a comfortable and cozy outfit to mimic my mood. That’s why I chose to wear a flannel. It wasn’t just any flannel however; it was a guy’s flannel. Women have been stealing different articles of clothing from men for quite some time (boyfriend jeans anyone?). When my brother decided he didn’t want his flannel anymore, I took it without hesitation. The colors are vibrant but do not look out of place during the winter season.

Since it is a guy’s flannel, I needed to wear a belt to give it shape. I chose a wide black belt to pick up on the black in the flannel. Not only did this create an instant hourglass figure, but also added a feminine touch. To contrast with the black, I wore a white cami that peeked out. Since the flannel is free flowing, I chose to wear black leggings for a sleek look. As for my accessories, I rolled up the sleeves and wore a chunky bangle along with my watch. After pulling on my warm and fuzzy snow boots, I walked out the door and into what felt like a snow globe.


Flannel: Element

Cami: American Eagle

Leggings: American Eagle

Boots: Ugg

Bracelet: Brighton

Watch: Brighton


-Brittany Fowler

No comments: