Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cuse Closet: Casual, Cozy, Winter Sweater


Cuse Closet peeks inside the staff's wardrobes to find out where we're going and how good we look getting there.


Winter is my favorite season not only because hot chocolate seems to be an appropriate drink any time of day, but also because of the fashion. I love all of the boots, scarves, mittens, hats, coats, earmuffs, and any other winter accessory. However, what I love most are sweaters. Whether it is a chunky knit or a simple cropped sweater, I love them all. No matter the occasion, there is a sweater to match.


That is why I chose a simple blue sweater to base my outfit around when I was getting dressed for a day of errands. Since I wanted to wear my black boots (actually, my mom’s black boots. It pays to have the same shoe size as her), I decided to wear my jeggings. To bring out the white in the sweater, I layered a basic white cami under the sweater, which I ended up tucking in. I then wrapped a belt around my bare hips to dress up the outfit and bring it all together. Since it wasn’t bitterly cold out, I chose to wear a simple, silver heart necklace around my neck as opposed to a chunky scarf. One final check in the mirror and I was out the door to start the day (and maybe grab a cup of hot chocolate on the way).


Sweater: Abercrombie&Fitch

Cami: American Eagle

Jeggings: Abercrombie&Fitch

Belt: Brighton

Necklace: a gift

Boots: purchased from a store in Italy


-Brittany Fowler

No comments: