Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cuse Closet: Casual Coffee Dates

Cuse Closet peeks inside the staff's wardrobes to find out where we're going and how good we look getting there.

Syracuse weather determines every outfit. When the weather is snowy and miserable, I pile on the layers and pull on the fuzzy snow boots. However, when the weather is only moderately cold, I can wear fewer layers and break out the flats.


Since the sun was shining, I decided to wear flats as opposed to my usually boots. I then chose my favorite pair of jeans with decorative stitching. My jeans determined what I would wear on top because I did not want to cover the decorative pockets.


I wore a cropped button-up sweatshirt and layered a plain white camisole underneath. The sweatshirt resembles a peacoat with the double-breasted buttons and therefore is dressy enough to avoid looking as though I just rolled out of bed. I then chose to carry an oversized black purse to hold all of my essentials.


My outfit is coffee date appropriate but still just as comfortable as yoga pants and a sweatshirt. I felt ready to take on my day filled with classes and of course, coffee (or in my case, tea).


Sweatshirt: Abercrombie & Fitch

Cami: American Eagle

Jeans: Miss Me

Flats: Born


-Brittany Fowler

No comments: