Saturday, April 26, 2008

Easter Saturday

I admit: all it takes for me to love an accessory or item of clothing is a) bows, b) flowers, or c) ruffles. When I spotted this store front display - at Easter Wings on Boston's Newbury St. - I knew I would love what was inside.

I especially love the blue sweater-knit dress in the window, by Rhys Dwfen (a.k.a designer Julie Kwon). Of course, the knit flower vine collar got me right away.

Inside the shop, I wasn't disappointed: the walls are lined with frilly frocks, flowery sundresses and flouncy skirts. Easter Wings' offerings encompass many designers, but are handcrafted (the way boutique finds should be), with embroidered details, beading, feminine seams and all the little details that make a girl feel pretty.
Not to mention that the store's pastel walls, fresh flowers, cushy Victorian settee and tufted velvet pillows in the corner make me love being a girl. I think I could spend every lazy Saturday in here...

No comments: