Saturday, April 26, 2008

honey, honey

After a summer trip to London several years ago, I became a Lush fanatic. The body product producer is known for their cut-off-the-block natural soaps and simple, organic and preservative-free goodies.
Since that sunny afternoon in Covent Garden, my can't-live-without Lush product has been the Honey I Washed the Kids soap. Like the name suggests, it smells like honey with a teeny hint of creamy/cakey/cookie/milky/orangey goodness. More recent additions to my addiction are the Honey Bee bath bomb and Ma Bar bubble bar, both a delectable honey-with-a-touch-of-toffee combo.

Admittedly, I have a thing for fragrances that remind me of food, but unlike the olfactorily-offensive "sun-ripened" or "champagne"-soaked odors of other beauty shops, Lush's honeyed stuff smells edibly elegant, not like your BFF after too many shots of Bacardi Razz.
I have loved Lush's honey scent so much for so long that I've often wished in came in a bottle. And apparently I wasn't the only one: now they offer the scent of their most popular products - like my yummy soap - in solid fragrance form. Though not quite as user-friendly as a spray, the little pots make your pulse points both soft AND delicious.

No comments: