Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cuse Closet: Shorts + tights, would you do it?

Cuse Closet peeks inside the staff's wardrobes to find out where we're going and how good we look getting there. 

Today's closet: Allison Mariotti


 
Allison Mariotti. Photo: Kaytie Wilson  

Today I tried a controversial trend: shorts with tights. While some debate that this should never be worn, I decided to do it anyway. My inspiration was a J.Crew display window that showed this combination. I paired my cuffed destroyed denim shorts with patterned tights.
Because I am only 5’3”, I decided to add my black studded ankle boots give the illusion of longer legs. For the top of my outfit, I chose a layered look, with a navy tank and a long plum cardigan with oversized buttons. For accessories, I wore my old-fashioned cameo ring and my Coach watch.

Tank: Old Navy
Cardigan: Anthropologie
Shorts: American Eagle 
Tights: Free People
Boots: Seychelles
Ring: Nordstrom
Watch: Coach
- by Allison Mariotti

No comments: