Monday, May 3, 2010

Cuse Closet: Goodbye, Girly

Cuse Closet peeks inside the staff's wardrobes to find out where we're going and how good we look getting there.

Today's closet: Emily Montgomery



Many of the things I love fall into the realm of stereotypically feminine. I will gladly gush over an old romantic drama, bedazzle my nails with glittery polish and bake up an army of vanilla cupcakes for my friends. 

Recently, however, I’ve felt myself undergoing a style transition away from overt girlishness. One of my most coveted purchase as of late is a pair of Marc Jacob’s hightop sneakers I bought as a “souvenir” in Boston. After I stick my feet into their teal canvas and tan suede frame, I feel like a different version of myself; confident yet paired down. A little, well, badass. 

While I don’t see myself throwing out all the pink things in my room, perhaps I will finally try mounting a skateboard or getting that wrist tattoo I’ve been dreaming of...

No comments: